Top Holiday Gift Ideas for Pet Birds and Their Owners
By Wyld’s Wingdom
Pet bird ownership can be a rich and rewarding experience. As highly intelligent and capable creatures, birds make excellent companions providing both affection and love while also reducing stress and encouraging relaxation at home. This holiday season, take the time to nurture your relationship with your pet bird by investing in a special gift that can bring you closer to your pet.
With a multitude of bird toys on the market today, it can be overwhelming trying to select the right fit for you and your bird. A few of the tried and trusted standby toys help engage avian behaviors found in the wild and are sure to elicit interest to stimulate your bird’s mind. Several most common toys include:
- Foraging toys that mentally and physically engage your bird by recreating a foraging environment in their cage.
- Puzzle toys are great educational options that can occupy your bird’s time and help stimulate their minds.
- Preening toys can help keep your bird’s feathers healthy while offering them something to do.
- Shreddables are a collection of toys that help satisfy your bird’s urge to chew.
- Plastic toys include a wide range of fun options that slide, spin, and squeak to perform various activities. This category boasts a range of fun and educational items that can help keep your bird occupied and active.
Gifts for Owners
An often-overlooked category in light of the many toys available for your bird includes educational information and items that can help you be a better bird owner. To nurture and develop your lifelong relationship with your bird, there are several excellent gift ideas that can help you learn and explore your breed of bird and how to go about cultivating a positive and rewarding companionship. From books to videos, training aids are great options to inform and educate pet bird owners on the finer points of basic avian care to advanced bird training methods.
As complex creatures, birds make great pets that can understand and intuit human behaviors. To make the most of this relationship, close attention and mutual respect is key in raising a happy and healthy bird. Take a look at Wyld’s Wingdom’s Holiday Collection here: https://www.wingdom.com/products/holiday-toys